Businesses spend hours together every day in doing digital activities. Whether your business is product-based or service-based, building a strong online presence is very important for a business to succeed. Did you know? About 97% of people find or research about a local business online. Hence, building an online presence is vital. Here are a few proven ways to improve your business’s online presence and a list of a few online free tools that can help you monitor.
How to increase online presence with local SEO?
No matter how someone finds your business, let it be through social media, e-mail, advertisement or word of mouth the first action most people take is to visit the business website. Data’s show that about 56% of people do not consider a business that does not have a website. This percentage has increased during the pandemic so here is how a business can use its website to increase its online presence.
- 1. Building a good website
75% of people consider the credibility of a business based on the design of a website. Building a website on your own is a good idea but you might end up spending hours together fixing the glitches. Hence, it would be better to hire an expert to set up your website.
- 2. Performing SEO
SEO is a free way to push your website on the first page in the SERP. It requires time and effort but if done right it is a gift that keeps on coming. The pandemic has given more priority for local SEO and this is likely to continue post-COVID.
- Create quality content that is keyword rich, optimize images and build internal and external links.
- Work on the core web vitals to improve the page experience.
- Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices.
- Use schema markup. Have rich snippets appear below your website’s title in the SERP.
- 3. Create a business blog
The home page, about us, and services page in a website are limited in terms of optimizing for keywords. Creating a business blog can help you optimize and rank for keywords that are relevant to your business. Businesses that produce blogs on a regular basis get 55% more website visitors when compared to businesses that don’t.
- Target a keyword theme per post. Make sure the keyword is included in the title, heading, alt text, and meta description.
- Question keywords in the h2 tags increase your chances of showing up in the “people also ask” section.
- Including bullet and numbered lists can make it featured snippet-friendly.
- Share posts on social media and email.
- 4. Choose the right social platform
Analyze platforms that your audience uses the most and limit the number based on it. Online presence is all about quality and not quantity. Consider platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest. Work on improving your following rather than improving your followers. Build an audience who are interested in your business and can benefit from it. This will help in getting more likes, comments, and shares.
- 5. Perfect your listings on the best directories such as Google My Business, Yelp, Bing, and Foursquare. About 80% of people do not trust a local business if the information is incorrect. Make sure your information is updated, consistent and monitor your reviews on a regular basis on these listing directories.
- 6. Improve your presence with advertising
Advertising is the fastest way to show up in the SERP. SEO can help you target a specific set of audiences with keywords but PPC can help you layer your audience based on a set of criteria. Ad options such as search ads, display ads, video ads, retargeting ads, and social ads help you improve your business’s online presence.
Free tools that can help you monitor your online presence
Get a report of your business listings, get to know the quality of your data online. Business listings that are complete, missing information, and the ones that are missing completely.
This tool gives you a score for both the mobile and desktop and lists out recommendations to improve the page speed.
- 3. Google mobile-friendly test
Type in “mobile-friendly test” in google. Enter your website URL and run a test. This will help you know if your website is optimized for mobile devices.
- 4. Google alerts
Set up google alerts. This helps you get notified when new results for a topic show up in the search.
- 5. Ads Grater
The google ads grater and Facebook ads grater offered by wordstream help you perform thorough audits and produce reports on the optimizations you can do to increase the visibility of your ad and improve conversions.
Building an online presence requires a lot of time and resources. Hiring a digital marketing team can make it easy for you.